Welcome to The Haven!!!
The Haven is located on 232 Vine Street out of the Painted Bride in Old City, Philadelphia. It was opened in 2012 to give youth a safe space to grow as writers and performers as well as a space to make friendships, receive mentorship, and have fun. We offer editing and performance coaching, youth-led clubs (new this year!), workshops, open mics, group discussions, and game nights (see events section).
Our current hours of operation are:
- Saturdays (beginning September 17, 2016): 12:00 – 3:00
For an overview of our programming, see descriptions below.
Workshops provide a safe space for youth to:
- Improve writing and performance skills
- Make new friends
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Participate in discussions
- Receive mentoring
- Share their work with an audience of their peers
- Saturdays: 1:00 – 2:15
All participants must arrive 15 minutes prior to workshop in order to register and check in at our front desk. Click here to register in advance.
If you have any questions about workshops, please contact Cait here.
Facilitated by Kevana Nixon, our staff therapist, teens explore a wide range of relevant topics such as healthy relationships, goal setting, current events, musical content, etc.
- Sessions are held on Saturdays at 12:15. (Arrive 15 minutes before sessions begin to check in with our front desk.)
- If you have any questions about Teen Discussions, please contact email@example.com