The Philly Youth Poetry Movement (PYPM) is seeking talented educators to teach writing and performance workshops to Philadelphia-area youth ages 13-19. If you have experience teaching in these areas or in liberal arts, theatre and performance or media studies, please email a resume and cover letter expressing your area of expertise and ideas for your workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Workshops are held on Saturdays from 1:00-2:15.
2. Facilitators are compensated at a rate of $100/per workshop.
3. Our center is located at 232 Vine Street in Old City.
In order to be considered, applicants will be required to submit:
1. A resume and cover letter.
2. An overview of the workshop.
3. A lesson plan (template will be provided).
We are looking for:
1. Writers and actors who have teaching experience.
2. Local educators who have experience teaching high school students.
3. Graduate students and college professors who have experience teaching in the field of Liberal Arts (African American Studies, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, English, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology, etc.), Media Studies, or Performing and Cinematic Arts.
The Philly Youth Poetry Movement (PYPM) is a volunteer-run, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides a safe space for Philadelphia’s youth to discover the power of their voices through poetry and spoken word. Founded in 2006, PYPM offers literary arts education programs for youth ages 13-19 to promote critical literacy, creative expression, life skills and leadership. By using their voices, youth cultivate personal and social transformation.